Google Grants and You
Imagine if your non-profit organization could suddenly get US$10,000 of in-kind advertising every month from Google. What would you do with this sudden boon? How would you even start to get this windfall in the first place? The answer lies in Google Grants, a program Google offers to help non-profit organizations build recruitment, spread your message, and help your organization generate more donations.
What Benefits Do You Get?
Google Grants can provide non-profit organizations with the following:
- $10,000 of in-kind advertising every month
- Special ad placement in search results pages
- An AdWords account that can be set up to run automatically based on a few inputs, or highly customized under personal management
- A maximum cost-per-click of US$2.00
How Can Numero Uno Help?
Numero Uno Web Solutions is an experienced SEO company that aims to help non-profits spread their message and work to make the world a better place. Our talented staff can help non-profits with Google Grants in any of the following ways:
- Set up a new PPC landing page or re-design and optimize the existing landing page
- Produce quality content to both enhance your message and to satisfy the requirements of a Grant application
- Research optimal keywords so you can make the most of your in-kind advertising
- Write the ads that will run in these high-visibility spots
- Manage different elements of your AdWords campaign such as timing, keywords, geographic targeting, and demographics
- Help you make sense of the data from Google Analytics to help track performance of ad campaigns and enhance future efforts
Who Can Apply?
There is a simple application form that needs to be filled out when applying for Google Grants. One application form is for Canadian companies and one is for U.S. companies (see below). The eligibility requirements are basic but specific:
- Hold valid charity status
- Have a live web site with “substantial” content
- Your group must not be one of the following: government entity, hospital or medical group, school, childcare center, academic institute, or university (but philanthropic arms of an educational institute are fine)
- Your site can’t display AdSense ads or use affiliate advertising links
- If you promote products or services, 100% of the proceeds must support your main program