If you’re a small business owner who is trying to figure out how to better optimize your website for local SEO, you may be wondering what types of content you should create. In this blog post, we’ll give you some ideas of the types of content that can help improve your local search ranking.
Keep in mind that the best way to see results is to not just create one or two pieces of content, but to consistently produce high-quality content on a regular basis. So, get started today and see how your rankings improve!
What Is Local SEO Content?
Before we get into examples of local SEO content, let’s first define what it is. Local SEO content is any type of content (e.g., blog post, image, video) that is created with the intention of helping your website rank higher in local search results.
While the term “local SEO content” may seem straightforward enough, there is actually a lot that goes into it. In order to create content that will help your website rank higher, you need to make sure that it is optimized for both local SEO and search engine optimization (SEO).
The difference between “content” and “local content” is the intent behind the query, as defined by a user. It’s more than matching local-based keywords in your content. Consider the local user, local entities, and local semantic connections to create a deeper connection while writing.
Types of Content That Improve Your Local Content Strategy
If you want to improve your local SEO strategies, understanding what content is needed is critical. Here are some examples of content that can help with your local SEO efforts:
1. Landing Pages
A common mistake that business owners make is not having a unique landing page for each location. If you have multiple locations, it’s important to have a separate landing page for each one. This way, you can include location-specific keywords and information on each page.
You should also consider creating a state or regional landing page. This can be especially helpful if your business serves multiple states or regions. Again, you’ll want to include location-specific keywords and information on each page. If creating many city-specific location sites sounds like a difficult job, start with the city or region of your business.
2. FAQ Pages
FAQ pages are a great way to not only provide valuable information to your audience but also to include relevant keywords. When creating your FAQ pages, be sure to include questions that people are actually searching for. You can use tools like Google Keyword Planner or Answer the Public to find popular questions in your industry.
A Local Business can create FAQ pages based on each of its services and the local areas where it provides the services.
3. Localized Blog Posts
Blogging is a great way to attract new visitors to your website and show Google that your site is active and relevant. When creating blog posts, be sure to include local keywords and information. For example, if you own a restaurant in Ottawa, you could write a blog post about the best local lunch spots.
Here are a few ideas to get you started with localized blog posts:
- New Location Announcements: When you open a new location or make any changes to your existing locations, be sure to write a blog post about it.
- New Product Announcement: Writing about new products or services is a fantastic opportunity to inform your audience about the updates and include relevant keywords.
- Local News: If there’s any local news affecting your industry, write about it! This shows that you’re up to date on the local news and policies.
- Press Releases: Press releases are a great approach to attract attention to your business. When writing press releases, be sure to include local keywords and information. For example, if you’re announcing a new location, be sure to include the city and state in the press release.
- Weather Impact on Services and Trends: If the weather is affecting your business, be sure to write about it. You should also consider the local trends in your industry when writing this type of content.
- Local Charity and Sponsorships: If your business is involved in any local charities or sponsorship, writing about it is a great way to show your involvement in the community and gain new customers.
- Local Events: Writing about local events happening that your business is involved in is a great way to show your involvement in the community.
4. Customer Testimonials Page
Customer testimonials are a great way to show potential customers that your business is reputable and trustworthy. When writing customer testimonials, be sure to include the city or region where the customer is from. In this way, you can show that your business serves multiple areas and have happy customers.
5. Images and Videos
Be sure to include images and videos in your content. This is a fantastic method to demonstrate to your potential customers what your business and services look like and what you have to offer. When adding images and videos, be sure to include local keywords and information in the image alt and add a description or summary to images and videos.
These are just a few examples of the types of content that you can create for your local SEO strategy. When creating content, be sure to include relevant keywords and information. You should also consider the needs of your audience and the trends of your industry. By creating relevant and engaging content, you can attract new customers and show Google that your site is active and relevant.
How Numero Uno Web Solutions Can Help You with Your Local Content Strategies and Marketing
If you’re looking for help creating high-quality local content, Numero Uno Web Solutions can help you. We have a team of experienced writers who know how to produce engaging and informative content that will help improve your website’s ranking in local search results. Contact us today to learn more about our content marketing services and how we can help you achieve your business goals.