Google My Business (GMB) is an essential tool that enhances your digital marketing strategies and helps you generate more leads by increasing your SERP rankings. Not only is it a useful tool for navigating and managing your brand’s online presence across multiple Google platforms such as Google Maps and Search, but it’s also completely free of charge for all businesses.
Managing your GMB account can be time-consuming and overwhelming to do on your own, however, especially if you lack the tech savvy skills to navigate the various dashboard settings and optimization processes. The more robust and detailed your GMB business listing is, the better your chances are of achieving top ranking positions on SERPs.
With the help of professional Google My Business optimization services in Toronto from Numero Uno Web Solutions, you can increase your online visibility and ranking factors.
We’ll do all of the legwork, whether it’s setting up a GMB account or enhancing your existing one for you, so that you can focus on what matters most—running your business. Let Numero Uno Web Solutions be a part of your business’s success story.
Why Google My Business Optimization Is Necessary
Google My Business is usually the first real impression users have of your brand when entering related search terms or keywords into the search engine. By harnessing the power of local search, enhancing your GMB listing can help you gain more visibility, generate more qualified leads, and direct more traffic to your website that’s likely to improve your conversion rates.
Straight from the horse’s mouth, the point of creating and managing a robust and detailed GMB account is to “help customers find your business, and to tell them your story.” In other words, your GMB listing gives consumers a quick glance into what your business does, why they should support you, where to find you, and how to contact you. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg because it can accomplish a lot more than that.
Top-ranking local search results present users with what’s called a local pack. The local pack used to include the top seven highest-ranking brands and businesses based on a user’s search, but Google recently reduced that number to three to avoid overwhelming users with too many options. Businesses with detailed GMB listings are usually selected to appear in the local pack.
Branded local searches will typically yield what’s known as a knowledge panel, which is a box that appears on the right-hand side of the SERP and provides quick and easy access to pertinent information about your business. This includes:
- NAP (name, address, phone number)
- Email (if included in the listing)
- Website link
- Call button for quick contact
- Hours of operation
- Directions button (opens Google Maps)
- Peak hours
- Google reviews and ratings
- Customer-uploaded images
- Brief business description
- Links to social media profiles
- Optimized category options to improve rankings
Basically, the sky’s the limit in terms of how detailed you want your business listing to be.
How Our GMB Optimization Services Work
We completely understand that creating and implementing solid digital marketing and SEO strategies isn’t everyone’s forte.
That’s why we’re here to help businesses just like yours navigate the ins and outs of various digital marketing platforms, including Google My Business.
Our GMB optimization services include the following steps to help you direct more qualified lead traffic to your website and boost your conversions:
- Provide us with your business location and address. Including your business address in your listing is crucial. Whether you have one or more business locations, users need to know how close you are to them and if you’re within driving, walking, or bike-riding distance or if they can take public transit to get to you. Moreover, including specific service areas in your listing will help enhance your online visibility and rankings in certain search locations. Using GPS technology and advanced search algorithms, Google uses a person’s location to present them with local search results.
- Create a listing or ask for access. If you don’t already have a GMB listing, we’ll use the information you provide to create one for you. And if you already have an existing listing, we’ll audit and analyze its current ranking position, suggest necessary updates or edits, and implement our action plan based on your approval once you grant us access.
- Enhance and optimize your GMB listing with important information. We’ll include all of the abovementioned information to enhance and optimize your GMB listing to ensure improved visibility and local ranking power.
- Help improve GMB leads. Optimizing your GMB listing using our expert SEO and Google services is guaranteed to generate more qualified leads for your business and increase your web traffic and conversion rates.
Google My Business Optimization FAQ
1. What does an optimized Google profile look like?
An optimized GMB profile shows a complete picture—literally and figuratively—of what your business has to offer. Incorporating professionally taken and customer-uploaded images, social media links, a direction button linked to Maps, a website link, NAP, and so many other components can do a lot to boost your SEO rankings. Furthermore, it gives customers an idea of what your business stands for and does, so they can decide whether or not to support you.
2. What are the benefits of Google My Business optimization?
Benefits of Google My Business optimization include:
- Better online visibility
- Higher SERP rankings
- Generating more qualified leads
- Increased website traffic
- Higher conversion rates
- Lower bounce rates
- Improve online engagement
3. Is having a Google My Business account worth it?
Absolutely. Every modern business needs a GMB account to boost their online representation and consumer engagement ratings. The more platforms and directories your business appears in, the stronger your online presence will be.
4. What are the options for Business Location Verification?
When creating or managing a GMB listing, it’s important to verify the location because this prevents unauthorized actors from gaining access to your account and business data. Google offers two business location verification options based on account eligibility:
- Verify by phone using your desktop or mobile device—a verification code will be sent to your phone
- Verify by postcard—a verification code will be sent via mail to your business address
5. Does my Google verification code expire?
Yes, your verification code will expire after 30 days from the initial request date. If you choose the postcard verification option and don’t receive it within two weeks, contact Google to perform an inquiry or request a new code.
6. What does a verified business listing look like?
You’ll know your business listing is verified if you’ve gone through the verification process which involves requesting a postcard and entering a verification code. Sometimes, Google automatically creates a basic knowledge panel for businesses that receive a lot of search inquiries. If the business listing is unverified, you’ll see a portion of the listing that says “Own this business?”. You can click on the link and go through the verification process. If you don’t see that option, then it means the listing is already verified.
Stop looking for “GMB optimization services near me” and let us handle all of your GMB listing optimization services for you. Numero Uno Web Solutions is one of the leading SEO and digital marketing firms in North America. We’ve helped numerous SMBs grow their businesses and create sustainable online presences. Contact us today to learn more.