If you want your products or services to be competitive, you’re going to have to reach out to your market. Content marketing is currently the hottest trend in digital marketing and organizations that don’t have a content marketing strategy in place stand a very real chance of being left in the dust.
However, content marketing isn’t as simple as maintaining a blog or a presence on social media. In addition to building your presence online, you also need to foster a sense of trust with your customers as well. If they see you producing quality content that gets people, and for the right reasons, they will see that you care enough about them to share your expertise and insider information with them.
Creating a successful campaign can be complicated, but it can be boiled down to these 11 essential points:
1. Have Goals: Don’t dive into your marketing strategy blind. Make sure that you determine which channels work best for you. Look at your statistics and analytics and plan your strategy for each channel; create daily and weekly plans for each one.
2. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): These will help you to determine your goals by figuring out what works and what doesn’t and capitalizing on it.
3. KISS: “Keep it simple, stupid.” If your customers have to spend a lot of time trying to find what they’re looking for, chances are they will go to your competitors. Your web site should have an easy-to-follow format. And be sure to provide sources for your content as well.
4. Keywords: Using keywords related to your industry is another way to ensure that people see what you have to offer. There are a number of resources available, such as Google AdWords, Keyword Discovery, and Wordtracker.
5. Look to the Past: Or more precisely, audit your past content. Aside from allowing you to determine what works and what doesn’t, it will allow you to organize your content as well.
6. Evoke Emotions: Your content shouldn’t be cold-hearted and analytical; it should be warm and engaging. Do your research and find out which phrases and words can be used to effectively evoke emotions in your blog posts or other writing.
7. A Call to Action: One of the most effective strategies you can use is to encourage your customers to visit your web site to find out more about your products and services. Always include one of these at the end of your posts.
8. Promote Your Content: Determine which channels you will use to promote your content. Whether it’s via social media or other needs, let your customers know where they can find your content.
9. Blog Regularly: The best way to engage your customers is to post blog posts regularly. Whether it’s on a daily or weekly basis, create a content schedule and stick to it.
10. Don’t Just Use Text: You can have the best content in the world, but if it’s included in a dry format, chances are your readers will get bored with it. Include a related image and, when possible, a video.
11. Know Who You’re Going to Target: When it comes to planning a content marketing strategy, know the audience you’re going to target and brief your team on how they should cater towards that market.
Numero Uno Web Solutions can help you to create a campaign that is customized to your audience and budget. Contact Numero Uno for more information.